McCauley Propeller systems were founded in 1938 by Earnest G. McCauley in Dayton, Ohio. Earnest was a pioneer in the field of aerodynamics and many controllable propellers patents holder. The company was first called the McCauley Aviation Corporation, but was later changed to McCauley Propeller Systems in 1979. During the World War II, McCauley produced 20,000 conventional ground-adjustable solid steel propellers. The company was purchased by Cessna Aircraft Company. Since Cessna acquired McCauley, together have pioneered a number of new products including constant speed and full-feathering propellers. (Both two- and three-blades).
The company today is one of the world’s largest full-line propeller manufactures, with over 500 models available. Their propellers are FAA certified as original equipment for aircraft built by Hawker Beech craft, British Aerospace, Cessna, Fairchild, and Grumman, Jet stream, Piper, Stoddard Hamilton and others. The markets the company specializes in are commercial, military, agricultural and commuter airlines and well as personal and business aviation. One of their latest accomplishments was in 2006 McCauley expanded its products to Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).