Home  Aircraft Category   Piston Agricultural Aircraft
SEND INSTANT RFQ
MRO Support Services

We have compiled a network of trusted FAA approved MRO facilities that can get your AR or damaged unit into OH, RP, or SV condition, providing complete paperwork.

know more

Please contact if you have any queries regarding products

1-714-705-4780 sales@aviationsourcingsolutions.com
 Aircraft Components

piston agricultural aircraft

The post-World War II period is when agricultural aviation began to take off. Originally, agricultural aircraft were surplus military planes converted for aerial application purposes. The first aircraft specifically designed by a major aircraft company for agricultural aviation is the piston-powered Grumman G-164 Ag-Cat introduced in 1957. A true agricultural workhorse, the Grumman G-164 Ag-Cat stored at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum has clocked in 12,778 flight hours dispersing seed, fertilizer, and pesticides to practically any crop that grows in the United States.
According to the California Agricultural Aircraft Association (CAAA), there are roughly 300 licensed agricultural pilots applying seed, fertilizer, crop protection, and mosquito repellant products throughout the state. On average, the standard agricultural pilot working today has logged in over 15 years of agricultural flying time experience.
The average agricultural aviation business employs two aircraft. 87% of the agricultural aviation fleet are fixed-wing aircraft while the remaining 13% are rotorcraft. Of this mixed group, 33% are piston-powered.
Piston engines powered the first agricultural aircraft. The still-active Grumman G-164 Ag-Cat tailwheel biplane is backed by a Continental Motors radial piston engine. The radial, star-like configuration was widely used for aircraft engines before turbine engines began to dominate the market.
An advantage of aerial application includes not being limited by wet soil. Additionally, by not touching the ground, an agricultural pilot does not damage the crops he or she is trying to protect. For example, for a 100-hectare soybean field, 2.24% of the crops would be lost due to tire tracks on the harvest at a loss of roughly USD$1,010 for the farmer.
Though piston-powered aircraft utilize an older engine design than a turbine-powered one, they are still fitted with sophisticated and modern precision application equipment such as GIS (geographical information systems), GPS (global positioning systems), real-time meteorological apparatuses, flow controls, and high-precision spray equipment. They also provide a lower cost of entry for pilots.

piston agricultural aircraft Manufacturers List

piston agricultural aircraft Aircraft Model


Piper - PAWNEE

Manufacturer : Piper

Model : PAWNEE

Description : N/A



We are selling parts for PAWNEE. You can send your parts enquiry for PAWNEE from here.

RFQ

Cessna - A188B

Manufacturer : Cessna

Model : A188B

Description : N/A



We are selling parts for A188B. You can send your parts enquiry for A188B from here.

RFQ

Grumman - G164B AG CAT

Manufacturer : Grumman

Model : G164B AG CAT

Description : N/A



We are selling parts for G164B AG CAT. You can send your parts enquiry for G164B AG CAT from here.

RFQ